The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) is seeking applications from clinical PAs interested in volunteering their time as a Clinical Postgraduate ARC-PA site visitor.
The site visit is an essential and unique step in the accreditation process and site visitors serve a critical role in providing information to the ARC-PA about a PA program’s demonstrated compliance with the Standards. It is through the written report of the site visitors that it is possible to verify, validate and clarify information submitted in the program’s accreditation application and to receive a perspective about the program operations that can only be obtained through direct observation.
Site visitors are asked to participate in 2-3 visits per year. They receive no compensation for their services. However, travel and other direct costs associated with in-person site visits are reimbursed by the ARC-PA.
- Current NCCPA certification
- At least two years’ experience as a physician assistant practicing in clinical medicine
- Interest in Clinical Postgraduate PA education
Expectations of Site Visitors
Site visitors must
- possess superior analytical, written, verbal, and interpersonal abilities.
- be attentive to detail, open-minded, and able to follow directions.
- have the time needed to comprehensively review program materials and conduct from two to three program visits per calendar year.
- agree to participate in ARC-PA sponsored site visitor preparation.
- agree to abide by ARC-PA conflict of interest guidelines.
- not participate in consultative activities related to PA accreditation for any program subject to ARC-PA accreditation, even if not for personal gain. Such activities shall not be conducted while serving as a site visitor or for 1 year thereafter.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals must submit the following documents to the ARC-PA:
- A letter of interest detailing why the applicant believes he or she should be considered as a site visitor. This letter should address the applicant’s involvement with Clinical Postgraduate PA education and should demonstrate a clear understanding of the responsibilities involved in the site visitor role.
- A current curriculum vitae/resume. Please include complete mailing and email addresses and a daytime phone number.
- A letter of support from the applicant’s immediate supervisor addressing the applicant’s qualifications to serve in the role. The letter should also confirm that the applicant has the time required for the site visitor role.
Applications must adhere to the following conditions:
- All documents must be in Microsoft Word.
- Applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 22, 2022.
- Email must indicate that the application is for ‘Clinical Postgraduate Site Visitor’.
- Application documents do not need to be sent in a single email. However, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Prior to participating in the site visit process, selected site visitors must attend a site visitor workshop which will be held August 13-14, 2022.
For questions or concerns, please contact Ashleigh Head at (770) 476-1224 or via email email@example.com