SUBMITTING FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Programs should NOT submit ARC-PA template documents in PDF format unless so directed in the directions. Documents should be submitted in the format in which they were designed.
- Depending on the nature of the proposed program change, additional supporting materials may be required. If this is the case, these are described within the change request form. Failure by the program to provide all documentation as required may delay processing of the change request.
- Please note that failure by the program to provide the information as required may result in a reconsideration of the program’s current accreditation status or an earlier scheduling of the next site visit to the program.
- Programs and sponsoring institutions are reminded to retain copies in their own files of applications, required reports, change requests and correspondence sent from the program to the ARC-PA or uploaded to the portal. The ARC-PA is not a repository for program files. The program and sponsoring institution own the materials submitted to the ARC-PA for review and are responsible for maintaining their copies.
- Programs should NOT submit ARC-PA template documents in PDF format unless so directed in the directions.. Documents should be submitted in the format in which they were designed.
CHANGE FORMS are available by CLICKING ON THE SECTION/DOCUMENT NAME of the sections below. If several forms may be required, they are linked within the content of the section as opposed to the section name. All forms relate to required notification or approvals related to the E section of the Standards.
Change in PA Program Faculty (E1.04)
Expansion to Distant Campus (E1.08) – Program’s must obtain approval at least six months prior to implementing an expansion to a distant campus. Contact the ARC-PA via email to email@example.com in order to begin the expansion to a distant campus process.
NOTE: For programs with a continuing accreditation status, the ARC-PA will not consider an application for expansion to a distant campus until the program has maintained five years of continuing accreditation without an adverse accreditation status. Guidelines related to eligibility for expansion for programs with a provisional accreditation status vary by the time that status was awarded. Programs should refer to correspondence sent to them about this topic.
The ARC-PA will review and consider the program changes below and any accompanying materials at its next regularly scheduled meeting in March, June or September. Changes submitted on or before December 31 are considered for the March meeting. Changes submitted on or before March 31 are considered for the June meeting. Changes submitted on or before June 30 are considered for the September meeting.
Programs should plan accordingly in order to receive approvals within the required time frame. Taking into consideration the length of time between submission and review, it is recommended that programs begin the approval process one year before a change.
Change in Graduation Requirements (E1.09b)
Change in Program Length (E1.09c)
Change in Class Size (E1.09d)
NOTE: The policy about change in class size as it relates to accreditation status was changed at the September 2015 Commission meeting to allow programs to apply for an incremental class size increase. Standard E1.09d was changed at the March 2016 Commission meeting.
NOTE: The maximum entering class size is approved by the ARC-PA upon review of the program by the commission or after approval of a change request for a class size increase. Any increase above the ARC-PA approved maximum entering class size for any reason requires program notification to the ARC-PA using the Exceeding Approved Class Size required report form below.
Change/Decrease in Program Support (E1.09f)
Change in Program Sponsorship (E1.10)
REQUIRED REPORT FORMS are available by CLICKING ON THE SECTION/DOCUMENT NAME of the sections below.
NOTE: The form above is to be used by programs that have any class size, as entered accurately in the program Portal, which exceeds the approved maximum entering class size. Any increase above the ARC-PA approved maximum entering class size for any reason requires program notification to the ARC-PA.
NOTE: The ARC-PA reviews the PANCE first time pass rate percentages by student cohort. Any program with a PANCE pass rate percentage of 85% or less for its 2019 cohort, must submit an analysis of its PANCE performance to the ARC-PA by July 1, 2020. In any year that the PANCE pass rate for first time takers by cohort for that year has a pass rate percentage of 85% or less, the program must submit an analysis of PANCE performance by July 1 of the following year. The NCCPA will provide programs their previous year’s data in February of each year. The focus for the report will be the ARC-PA’s Four Key Elements of Analysis included in the Data Analysis Resource. Data related to PANCE outcomes should include but is not limited to correlation of PANCE outcomes and:
- Admissions criteria as predictors of success
- Individual course performance
- Course and instructor evaluations
- Program instructional objectives, learning outcomes, and breadth and depth of the curriculum
- Student summative evaluation results
- Remediation practices and results
- Attrition criteria and data for cohort being reviewed
- Feedback from students who were unsuccessful on PANCE, if available
- Preceptor and graduate feedback (employer feedback is not required but may be helpful if available to the program)